Our history

The establishment's history

In the Middle Ages, Le Prieuré was the name given to the centre of the village of Chamonix.

At the time, people would speak of the Prieuré of Chamonix Valley. This is why, when the Morand family decided to build a boutique hotel in Chamonix, they naturally thought to name it Le Prieuré.

A Noble Past

In 1928, Doctor Chabanolles constructed a building to take care of children suffering from tuberculosis. 

A Rediscovered Authenticity

In 1960, after some significant building work, the hotel opened its doors to the public.

It was elegant and simple: the Morand style was born.

In 2015, the hotel was completely renovated, while still preserving its history and authenticity.